How to Start Playing at an Online Casino Overview
The thing about online casinos is that you can play them anytime, anywhere. No need to suit up and ride to the nearest land-based casino. You can play a wide array of casino games right in the comfort of your home, on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
There are many things you can enjoy at online casinos. Aside from slots, you will also find a handful of table games, progressive jackpots, and even live dealer games. Incredible bonuses and exciting promotions also await you at some of the best online casinos. If you don’t know where to look and where to start in your online casino journey, we’re here to help.
Find the Right Online Casino for You
Online casinos are home to exciting games with great gameplay and excellent payouts. Many casinos offer variants of blackjack, roulette, poker, craps, baccarat, and slots. There are also casinos that have sports betting, scratchcards and bingo.
We know that online casinos are great, but there are just too many options. Don’t know where to play? Narrow down your options by reading reviews and ratings. Check out the following guide before you sign up and start playing at an online casino:
- See to it that the online casino is fully licensed. Never play at an unlicensed casino. Among the most reputable licensing authorities is the UK Gambling Commission.
- Check out the safety and security measures put up by the casino. Do they utilize the latest SSL encryption technology to ensure that your data privacy is kept safe? If yes, then that casino is worth signing up for.
- Look into the bonuses, promotions, and loyalty program offered by the online casino. Do not immediately be deceived by attractive bonuses. Always check the terms and conditions, particularly the wagering requirements and other restrictions.
- If you have favorite games that you’re looking for, check the online casino’s games library to see if they offer such games. Also check what other games are offered and what gaming softwares are providing the games.
- Check the casino’s banking methods. The more deposit and withdrawal methods, the better. However, make sure that withdrawal times are standard, if not fast.
- Check if the casino’s desktop and mobile versions are compatible with the device you’re using. Not all online casinos have a dedicated mobile app. While this isn’t really necessary, it’s more convenient to play on mobile if there’s a downloadable app.
- Lastly, check the kind of customer support offered by the casino. It’s better if it’s available via live chat, email, and phone. It’s even better if the live chat feature is available 24/7. Read reviews regarding the responsiveness and friendliness of the customer support team.
Sign Up and Create an Account
This step is as easy as 1-2-3. Like other websites, you can easily sign up for an account at the online casino’s landing page. Some online casinos also have a mobile app, which you can access to sign up for an account. However, it’s easier and simpler to just visit the online casino using your desktop, laptop, or mobile device and sign up as a new member on the landing page.
The registration process may have slight differences from online casino to online casino. However, the usual information that you need to provide when registering are the following: name, date of birth, phone number, email address, and password that you want to use on the site. After this step, you will then need to agree on the site’s terms and conditions. Read the user’s agreement before agreeing. Remember that the legal gambling age in online casinos is 18 years of old, so make sure that you meet this requirement.
Confirm all the details. An email will then be sent to you for confirmation or verification. Confirm this and you’re ready to play. You can opt to deposit once you’re registered. However, you don’t have to immediately make a deposit unless the welcome bonus requires a minimum deposit. If you’re not ready yet to play with real money, try out some free games first and play for fun.
Claim Online Casino Bonus
It’s pretty standard for online casinos to offer a welcome bonus to new players. This is their way of attracting new players on the site. However, not all casino bonuses are the same. Some are no deposit bonus, while others require a minimum deposit to claim. The bonuses may also come in the form of complimentary play or free money.
Before claiming any casino bonus, it’s always wise to read the terms and conditions attached to it. Check the wagering requirements. A standard wagering requirement is 30x or 35x. Anything higher than this is already considered quite high.
Download or Instant Play
Inquire if the games need to be installed before you can play them or not. There are casinos that require you to download the games before you can play them. However, most online casinos now offer instant play mode. This means that you can immediately play the games in your browser without downloading them or installing a software.
This boils down to preference, though it’s better if the online casino offers both options: download and instant play. Most online casinos are also mobile-optimized. This means that you can enjoy selected games on mobile. However, not all online casinos offer a downloadable mobile app. The important thing is to check whether the mobile version is compatible with the mobile device you’re using.
Fund Your Account
Many online casinos actually offer free games which you can enjoy without risking any real money. Make use of these free games to practice and strategize. However, the thrill in online gambling is actually in the idea of bringing home some winnings.
For you to play for real money, you need to fund your account. You need actual money to potentially win real money. Fortunately, depositing funds to your casino account is super easy. You just go to the Cashier, which is often found on the landing page. From there, just choose your preferred deposit methods.
The usual deposit methods offered are card transactions (Visa and Mastercard), Bank Transfers, and e-wallets like Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal. Other online casinos also offer less popular banking options. This is why you must check first if your preferred banking method is available at the online casino before signing up.
Most deposits are processed and completed instantly. Look into the deposit fees (if there’s any), as well as the minimum and maximum deposits. These are usually found at the online casino’s terms and conditions or banking section.
To sum up, here are the steps you need to follow to start playing at an online casino:
- Read reviews and ratings on your prospective online casinos.
- When you’ve found an online casino of your choice, visit the website and sign up for an account.
- If an app or software is required, download such before playing.
- Claim the bonus and play.
- If you’re not yet ready to play for real money, play for fun first by trying out the casino’s free games.
- To start playing for real money, deposit funds to your casino account at the “Cashier” and select your preferred deposit method.
When playing online casino games, just try to enjoy the experience. Have fun and play responsibly.