Denmark Casino Guide
Located in Northern Europe, Denmark is a Nordic country, officially called the Kingdom of Denmark. The country is known for its high-quality architecture and design and has a population of 5,792,202 as of 2020, spread over a surface area of 43,094 km². Denmark is one of the best places for tourism because of its castles and museums and offers more than 20 casinos. The tourists and casino enthusiasts can have a great experience at some of the best casinos in Denmark.
Land-Based Casinos in Denmark
There are 22 land-based casinos in Denmark, stretched across 12 cities and towns. To enter any land-based casino in Denmark, you need to be 18 or older. The country’s capital, Copenhagen, has seven casinos and is the most popular destination in the country for casino gaming. The capital is known for the Little Mermaid iconic landmark and the 19th-century amusement park, called Tivoli Gardens.
Here is a list of some of the most popular land-based casinos in Denmark:
- Casino Copenhagen
- Casino Aalborg
- RoyalCasino Aarhus
- Casino Marienlyst
- Casino Munkebjerg Vejle
- Casino Odense
Best Casino in Denmark
Although there are various fantastic casinos in Denmark, Casino Copenhagen is one of the best and most popular in the country. It is situated in the country’s capital and is based on Amager Boulevard, which is quite close to the city center.
The casino has 25 live tables, including roulette, blackjack, craps, punto blanco, rocket seven, and poker games. The casino also has 140 slot machines. Poker tournaments are also available at the casino.
Online Casinos in Denmark
Online casinos are both legal and popular in Denmark.
Here is the list of the most popular online casinos catering to Danish players:
- 888 Casino
- Come On Casino
- Play Million Casino
- Slots Magic Casino
- EU Casino
- Unibet Casino
Online gaming was made legal in Denmark in the year 2012. Spillemyndigheden, the Danish Gambling Authority regulates the laws governing online casinos. Some of the laws governing online casinos in Denmark are:
- Only those 18 and above can play betting games in online casinos, and those that are 21 and above can get a license to operate a business involving gambling.
- All operators in the Danish online gambling market are required to get a license from the DGA, Danish Gambling Authority.
- The Danish Gambling Authority focuses on ensuring the gambling market is fair and well-regulated for gamblers and operators to benefit from.
- StopSpillet (StopGambling) is the Danish Gambling Authority organization to reduce cases of online gambling addiction on all regulated and licensed sites.
- The authority ensures that there are no cases of illegal gambling sites. Players are allowed to report illegal gambling and advertising to the corporation’s official website. All illegal websites are added to the blacklist.
- All license holders comply with the corporation’s anti-money laundering act, which ensures that there are no cases of money laundering in online casinos.
Danish residents can wager bets on the following activities online: poker, bingo, lotteries, sports betting, blackjack, roulette, and online slots.
Poker in Denmark
Poker is very popular in Denmark. Poker can be played both in land-based casinos and online poker rooms. The Danish Gambling Authority regulates online poker in Denmark.
- Poker is accessible and legal in Denmark.
- Players must use NemID to login to the gambling sites, and to get a NemID, you must have a CPR number in Denmark.
You can play on several different online poker rooms in Denmark, but the seven key players covering the vast majority of the market include the following:
- Unibet Poker
- Bet365 Poker
- NordicBet Poker
- Betfair Poker
Some of the casinos in Denmark where you can play live poker include Casino Copenhague, Casino Aalborg, RoyalCasino Aarhus, and Casino Marienlyst.
Sports Betting, Horse Racing, and Bingo in Denmark
The Danish Gambling Authority regulates sports betting in Denmark. It is placed under the Betting category in Denmark. You must be 18 and above to be eligible for betting as per Demark laws.
Horse racing is also allowed and legal in Denmark, and follows the same set of rules that Sports betting follows. It became legal to bet on racing horses in 2018.
Bingo players are also in luck in Denmark, as the Danish Gambling Authority regulates it. It is placed under the Gaming category and is quite popular in the country.
Danish Cities and Towns with Casinos - A - Z
Q1). Is gambling legal in Denmark?
A1). Yes, gambling is legal and regulated by the Danish Gambling Authority.
Q2). What is the gambling age in Denmark?
A2). The gambling age is 18 and above, and for operators who want to run a casino, it’s 21.
Q3). Are online casinos legal in Denmark?
A3). Yes, online casinos are legal in Denmark and regulated by the DGA.
Q4). How many casinos are in Denmark?
A4). There are 22 casinos in Denmark spread over 12 towns and cities.